Grow bag pots are one of the best ways to enhance the growing capability of a grow bag.
The idea is that tomato plants receive water plus food poured into the inner ring, and receive plain water poured into the outer ring. This growing method is sometimes called ring culture.
The fine roots around the plant’s stem in the inner ring absorb the nutrients, and the longer roots and tap roots absorb the water that has been poured into the outer ring and into the larger grow bag area.
The benefits of having two separate compartments
- Targets food to fine roots which gives better growth.
- Prevents nutrients being washed away when plants are watered near stem.
- Food is always available to the plant.
- Helps prevent fungal and root disease by keeping stem area dryer.
- Increases the total growing area of a grow bag.
- Grow bag pots also help prevent slugs and other critters from getting to the tomatoes.
Grow Bag Rings for Tall Varieties
Grow bags are a great way to grow tall tomato varieties and by using these tomato growing rings, will increase the health, rate of growth, the taste and amount of tomatoes that you’ll receive!
Here is one of the cheapest prices on the Internet for buying grow bag pots for growing tomatoes using ring culture.
Please note that tomato plants are usually transferred to grow bags – their final position – when they have just started to flower. This rule isn’t written in stone, but it does help prevent plants from becoming too bushy.
Also, plants shouldn’t be fed tomato food until they begin to fruit – until they show small pea-like green tomatoes when the flowers die away.
A set of grow bag pots will last a number of seasons and repay their initial expense many times over with lots of good quality and fabulous tasting fruit.